Escape room quotes are statements by influential people which can encourage teamwork. For example, “tough times don’t last,” “ants are successful creatures,” and “no one can whisper a symphony.” The purpose of these quotes is to motivate escapers to work together, eliminate fear factors, or add humor to the experience.
This list includes:
- funny escape room quotes
- catchy escape room slogans
- escape room puns
- team building escape room quotes
- pop culture escape room quotes
- “Escape Room” movie quotes
Let’s get to it!
Funny Escape Room Quotes
Funny escape room quotes can facilitate communication in a group and inspire the players to work together. For instance
- “If you take out the team in teamwork, it’s just work. Now who wants that?” -Matthew Woodring Stover, Novelist.
- “Just because you escape one trap doesn’t mean you will escape the next.” -Leigh Bardugo, Author.
- “Hell is empty, and all the devils and here.” -William Shakespeare, Playwright & Poet.
- “When “I” is replaced by “we,” even illness becomes wellness.” -Malcolm X, Human Right Activist
- “I didn’t fail; I just found ten thousand paths that were not walkable.” -Thomas A. Edison, Inventor & Businessman.
- “You will find the key to success under the alarm clock.” -Benjamin Franklin, Political Philosopher & Writer.
- “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” -Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathon Runner.
- “If you ever find yourself coming out of a time machine, run. Run away as fast as you can.” -Charles Yu, Writer.
- “The only one who can tell you “you can’t win’ is you, and you don’t have to listen.” -Jessica Ennis-Hil, Field Athlete
- “Thinking is the hardest work possible, which is probably why so few people practice it.” -Henry Ford, Inventor.
- “Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.” -Robert Orben, Writer.
- “You are here to experience life, not to escape from it.” -Stuart Wilde, Writer
- “One may never get to know how fast the time travels till the one gets in that position to race against the time.” -Neel Preet, Author.
- “You are either supporting the vision or supporting division.” -Saji Ijiyemi, Leadership Coach & Writer.
- “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” -Mason Cooley, Professor & Aphorist.
- “Failure doesn’t mean the game is over. It means try again with experience.” -Len Schlesinger, Author.
- “Half the game is 90 percent mental.” Dani Ozark, Baseball Manager.
- “Amidst the chaos, there is also opportunity.” Sun Tzu, Chinese Military General & Philosopher.
- “It is the act of solving puzzles that makes games fun.” -Raph Koster, Game Designer.
Catchy Escape Room Slogans
Escape room businesses can attract many customers just with the right slogans. Also, the catchwords give players an insight into the kind of experience to expect in the room. Fun escape room slogans that will catch players’ attention include:
- Prepare for the risk.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single clue.
- Can you win a race against time?
- The perfect mind game.
- Escape games for everyone.
- Find the missing piece.
- Take a step closer to your freedom with each clue.
- Do not force pieces that cannot fit.
- Do you have what it takes to escape?
- Find the keys and escape.
- Time is never on your side.
- You cannot escape the taste of fun.
- Welcome to a different reality.
- Let your team decide your fate.
- Get ready for another level of excitement.
- Create your own adventure.
- Test your problem-solving skills.
- Teamwork is one of the keys you need to open the locks.
- A room worth exploring.
- Behind every successful escape, there is teamwork.
- Enter the movie and live the adventure.
- Escape rooms that transport you to another world.
- Escape the room, but not the fun.
- Crack the code.
- Create your own history.
- Think inside the room and outside the box.
- Invite other escape artists to sketch your adventure together.
- Get ready for a mind-bending experience.
- Many can enter, but only a few can escape.
- Leave your sanity and reality at the door.
- Can you escape the room? You will never know until you play.
- Play in two teams, and let time be the judge.
- Even the best escapers are dying to play. Can you evade death and escape?
- Warning: Highly immersive adventure ahead.
- Find the clues and earn your freedom.
- Watch out. Time is not on your side.
- A world where the impossible is possible.
- How fit is your team for the job?
- Wear your capes and save the world
- The world is counting on you.
Escape Room Puns
Puns are jokes that play on words having similar sounds but different meanings. You can relate the jokes to an escape room theme, whether science fiction or murder mystery. The puns ideal for escape rooms include:
- Leopards and cheetahs cannot escape because they are always spotted.
- You will need acne creams after breaking out of jail.
- If you do not break out of prison successfully, then you will disappoint the guard who believes you are an expert escape artist. Remember, you should not let your guard down.
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
- The man died because his sons did not know his blood group. Before passing away, the man kept encouraging his children by repeatedly saying, “Be positive.”
- I laughed at a time travel joke tomorrow.
- Sitting on a clock will allow you to complete the escape room on time.
- I brought many watches with me. So I have a lot of time on my hands.
- Apple recently built an exotic sports car. But the company has a hard time installing windows.
- Pirates sing soprano to dwell on high c’s.
- I heard about a kid napping in the building. The child is awake now.
- You should move to the corners of the room if you feel cold. The corners are around 90 degrees.
- You cannot trust escape rooms with trains because the games usually have locomotives.
Team Building Escape Room Quotes
Escape rooms are effective in building a team and developing trust as players work towards a common goal. You can use the following quotes to motivate your group before, during, and while completing an escape room:
- “Every object looks different from different angles. Your eye level is not the only reality.” -Sukant Ratnakar, Author.
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” -Michael Jordan, Basketball Player.
- “Alone we can do so little: together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller, Author & Teacher.
- “Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” -Mattie Stepanek, Poet.
- “Tough times don’t last. Tough teams do.” -Robert Schuller, Pastor & Author.
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” -Kenneth H.C Blanchard, Author & Motivational Speaker.
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” -Henry Ford, Founder of the Ford Motor Company.
- “Ants are successful creatures. They are successful because they know very well that the mind of the team is superior to the mind of the individual!” -Mehmet Murat ildan, Playwright & Novelist.
- “Teams are incredible things. No task is too great, no accomplishment too grand, no dream too far-fetched for a team. It takes teamwork to make the dream work.” -John C. Maxwell, Author.
- “Individual commitment to a group effort- that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” -Vince Lombardi, American Football Coach
- “Success is best when it is shared.” -Howard Schultz, Businessman & Author.
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” -Amy Poehler, Comedian & Actress.
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” -Harry Truman, 33rd president of the United States.
- “I am not the smartest fellow in the world, but I sure can pick smart colleagues.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt, Former President of the United States.
- “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.” -Isaac Newton, Scientist.
- “Teamwork makes the dream work” -John C. Maxwell, Author.
- “With an enthusiastic team, you can achieve almost anything.” -Tahir Shah, Author & Journalist.
- “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” -Ryunosuke Satoro, Writer.
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” -Babe Ruth, American Baseball Player.
- “I can do things you cannot. You can do things I cannot. Together, we can do great things.” Mother Teresa, Nun, Teacher, & Missionary.
- “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” H.E. Luccock, Pastor & Teacher.
- “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” -Charles Darwin, Naturalist & Geologist.
- “One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say, individuality counts, but team work dynamites.” -Jin Kwon, Korean Singer & Actor.
- “People working together in a strong community with a shared goal and a common purpose can make the impossible possible.” Tom Vilsack, Politician
- “The power of one, if fearless and focused, is formidable, but the power of many working together is better.” – Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Filipino Politician & Academic.
- “Cooperation is through the conviction that nobody can get there unless everyone gets there.” -Virginia Burden, Author.
- “A team is not a group of people who work together. It is a group of people who trust each other.” -Simon Sinek, Author.
- “Collaboration allows us to know more than we are capable of knowing ourselves.” -Paul Solarz, Author & Teacher.
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” -Phil Jackson, Basketball Coach & Executive.
- “I do not believe in team motivation. I believe in getting a team prepared, so it knows it will have the necessary confidence when it steps on a field and be prepared to play a good game.” -Thomas Landry, American Football Player & Coach.
- “We may have all come from different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” -Martin Luther King Jr., Civil Right Activist.
- “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently towards one goal in unison.” -James Cash Penny, Industrialist.
- “Remember, upon the conduct of each depends on the fate of all.’ -Alexander the Great, Former King of Macedonia.
- “Teamwork might make the dream work, but teammates make the teamwork.” -Lance Loya, Author.
- “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden; it’s deadly.” -Mark Sanborn, Author.
- “One will weave the canvas: another will fell a tree by the light of his ax. Yet, another will forge nails, and there will be others who observe the stars to learn how to navigate. And yet all will be as one. Building a boat isn’t about weaving canvas, forging nails, or reading the sky. It’s about giving a shared taste for the sea, by the light of which you will see nothing contradictory but rather a community of love.” -Antoine de Saint-Exupery, French Writer & Aviator.
Pop Culture Escape Room Quotes
Pop culture quotes include noteworthy statements from various aspects like literature, music, movies, and television shows. You can use these quotes to motivate your group or to highlight the similarity between the statements and your situation. For instance:
- “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.” -Finding Nemo.
- “You have got a friend in me.” -Toy Story.
- “In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king.” -Sherlock, the UK TV Series.
- “Welcome to the unwanted escape room where we are escaping as quickly as we can.” Lyrics from Unwanted Escape Room by Paintlove.
- “You must always have faith in people. And most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.” -Legally Blonde.
- “We just can’t escape. There’s no doors or windows. There is no way out from the escape room.” Lyrics from The Escape Room by Deadlight.
- “Enter freely and of your own will.” -Dracula.
- “Going in one more round when you don’t think you can. That is what makes all the difference in Life.” -Rocky IV.
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -Lord of the Rings.
- “Roads? Where we are going, we do not need roads!” -Back to the Future.
- “Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.” -Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- “We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us.” -Andrew Ryan, Fictional Character in Bioshock Video Game.
- “There is always hope, my friend, though it often comes in forms not looked for. The key is knowing how to see it and seize that opportunity.” -Star Wars.
- “You are all aware of the penalty for failure.” -He-Man & The Masters of the Universe.
- “The greatest power on Earth is the magnificent power all of us possess…the power of the human brain!” – X-Men #2
- “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” -Mary Poppins.
- “So often in times it happens, we all live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.” -The Eagles, On The Border.
- “May the Force be with you.” -Star Wars.
- “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.” -Cool Hand Luke.
- “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!” -Dr. Strangelove
- “Never make the same mistake twice.” -Breaking Bad.
- “Why would I go looking for someone who wants to kill me?” -Harry Potter.
- “Go ahead, Lickety Split. Make a wish. Who knows? Maybe it can change things.” -My Little Pony.
- “Toto, I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” -The Wizard of Oz.
- “I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.” -The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- “Somebody has to save our skins!” -Star Wars.
- “What’s cooking in here? Spot any clues?” -The Mentalist
- “The hardest prison to escape is your own mind,” -Bob Marley, Singer & Songwriter.
- “I read somewhere that an empty room is an opportunity.” -Inside Out.
“Escape Room” Movie Quotes
Escape Room is a famous 2019 horror movie directed by Adam Robitel. Certain expressions by the movie’s characters make a perfect quote for an escape room experience. For instance:
- “They are watching us! They know every move that we are making.”
- “Someone get this figured out so we can get the hell out of here.”
- “Try doing one thing that scares you over break.”
- “They made these rooms for us.”
- “We all know how this works. We solve the puzzles, or we die.”
- “Survival is a choice.”
- “This is the worst game of Twister ever.”
- “You want to control your life, but life isn’t a science experiment. You can’t contain your world forever.”
- “Open new doors.”
- “Remember, the puzzle box is intuitive. You don’t want to force it.”
- “You can’t be Twittering pictures of the puzzles.”
- “A chance to escape.”
- “Breathe, b****.”
Citing quotes while playing an escape room can be motivational and hilarious. There are many notable statements from movies and different people that can encourage your team to work together. You can also use hilarious quotes and puns to make the gameplay more fun.
Various quotes exist to match different situations in an escape room. If you need to motivate your group, then you will find notable sayings on team building. You can also share funny quotes and puns to trigger laughter. Even if the pun does not result in a belly laugh, then the joke can at least make the atmosphere less tense. In addition, staff members can be a part of the fun by citing quotes while leading players to the escape room. Once you find the perfect moment, make a relevant quote and enjoy the lasting escape experience with your group.
FAQ: Escape room quotes
Here are answers to questions about escape room quotes.
What are escape room quotes?
Escape room quotes are thoughtful and inspirational sayings derived from the original words of a speaker or author. These quotes can shape your escape room experience by motivating your group to work together and adding comic relief during tense moments.
What are some good quotes to share while completing an escape room?
Some good quotes you can share while you complete an escape room include:
- “We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us.” -Andrew Ryan
- “Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” -Mattie Stepanek
- “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” -Mary Poppins
- “No problem is insurmountable. With a little courage, teamwork, and determination, a person can overcome anything.” – B. Dodge.
- “Tough times don’t last. Tough teams do.” -Robert Schuller.
These quotes sum up players’ escape room experience and serve as a reminder that no task is beyond completion.